I know you want to change lives!
You want to channel your passion for pregnancy and birth into something practical! Something you can earn a living at whilst doing something you love, something you’ve been called to do!
I’ve been a birth worker and antenatal teacher for over 7 years but I remember what it was like starting out. I felt so worried about whether I was capable of really supporting someone through a birth. Did I have enough skills to be offer comfort and physical support? How could I undertake this work alone? How did I go about starting my new business?
It is my passion that everyone in our society has access to a birth worker - doula - birth keeper - who can truly support them through the transition into parenthood.
Everyone deserves to be emotionally and physically supported, and have their rights and choices respected through the birth process!
Ready to find out more?
If you're interested in becoming a doula and joining us for one of our free webinars about birth work ...
Introducing a radical training programme for birth work!
Something that is expansive and intersectional in it's approach, fit for purpose in supporting everyone who experiences pregnancy and birth in our society.
This course will enable you to support birthing women and people through the child bearing year, feeling confident you have the tools to carve out a career doing something you truly love!
This programme is an intensive training programme for doulas based on physiology, advocacy and mentoring.
- A unique combination of 7 online modules to work through at your own pace
- 2 practical skills days held in COVID secure in person groups
- Bi-monthly group mentoring sessions so you bond with your tribe of birth workers whilst exploring some of the most important topics and issues in birth work
- Monthly individual mentoring sessions to provide individualised support during the course and beyond as you begin your career as a doula.
Over 90 days we will work together to prepare you to pursue your passion for birth work! The programme looks like this:
- Birth Workers Boundaries System - unpacking and reframing our own fears and experiences of birth.
- The Where, Who, Why and How Formula - birth physiology and basic antenatal information sessions you understand how the human body gives birth and how to explain this to others.
- Articulate and advocate - how to listen and help the people you work with express their views so they are heard.
- Physical flow for pregnancy - learning practical skills for supporting pregnancy and the birth process.
- Your birth bliss - Finding the sweet spot of birth work!
- Postnatal pillars - REST, RESTORE, NURTURE (including infant feeding).
- Taking care of business - how to make birth work - work!!!
Unique benefits include:
- Content created experts in their fields - e.g birth physiology
- Access to The Original Birth Connection FB group. A group through which you will find mutual support with an amazing bunch of birth workers. This is your birth work tribe! You will become part of an incredible team of people transforming the way we provide care for people in our communities.
- Compulsory Masterclasses on topics relevant to your training and working life (Cultural Competency and Advocacy, and LGBTQ+ competency in birth and beyond).
- Optional Masterclasses at a discounted rate.
Birth work should be for anyone, however you identify, but not everyone is built for birth work.
If you are smart, strong, emotionally resilient and have a passion for supporting birthing women and people through pregnancy and birth this work is for you!
Once you’ve completed this training you will have a toolkit of practical skills and a wealth of knowledge you can rely on as you begin your journey into your new career! You will feel truly calm and confident when entering someone’s birth space and equipped to support them!
The Original Connection Birth Worker support:
You will receive:
- A quarterly newsletter with information about the latest research, Continuing Professional Development opportunities and support.
- The option to add The Original Birth Connection logo to your website
- Free listing for a year on www.findmydoula.co.uk as a trainee doula whilst you're mentored - a national doula and birth worker directory!