Why is mentoring so incredibly important for birth workers?
- Because you work alone and you may need someone with experience of working in this field to turn to with questions or to bounce ideas off.
- Because birth work can be tough! We invest a lot of emotion and energy into our clients and tier births so it's important we can unpack things that arise from this.
- Because sometimes we need someone to help remind us to fill our cup - you can't be of service to others if you're struggling to look after yourself.
- Because you may want guidance on which direction to take your career next.
- Because you may need to reflect on something you've witnessed that has caused you trauma so you need someone to hold space for you to process this.
- Because you may need someone to celebrate you and the absolutely amazing things you bring to this work just by bring you!
This is not an exhaustive list!
This is Michelle, a fellow birth worker and trained mentor with The Original Birth Connection Birth Worker Training Programme!
What mentoring services do we offer at The Original Birth Connection?
We offer mentoring to doulas or birth workers as a stand alone service and to those who undertake The Original Birth Connection Birth Worker Training Programme.
As a stand alone service the investment is £50 per session and you can have as many sessions you like. We also offer block bookings at a 10% discount for 6 sessions. Get in touch!
Those enrolled on The Original Birth Connection Birth Worker Training Programme will receive 6 months of mentoring sessions included in the price of their course. VIP members of the Birth Worker Training Programme will receive 12 months mentoring on top of their 3 months within the programme (15 months in total!)
"Alex has helped me through every decision I have made in terms of becoming a doula. She was the person I randomly contacted about courses and I swiftly ended up asking her to be my mentor. She's fierce, passionate and knowledgeable. I respect her massively."
Yogi Oli - Doula